“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain,
Be obscure clearly. ~E.B. White
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth
"Never give up. No one knows what's going to happen next."
~L. Frank Baum, author of the Oz series
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."
"And the idea of just wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing and seeing where that takes me for awhile is just bliss."
J. K. Rowling
"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov
Willow Words Writing Services
Welcome to Willow Words Writing services!
In almost any writer's career, they face the challenges of the craft. As a writer yourself, perhaps there are times when you becomes stuck in your writing, unsure of why your manuscript continues to be rejected, unsure if you are writing a cover letter correctly, or realizing your manuscript needs work and you aren't sure where to seek help beyond your critique group.
Willow Words Writing services offers writers an opportunity to receive feedback from a published author, agent and educator to help with all of those challenges. With extensive experience critiquing manuscripts, Sheri is not only highly qualified, but she is deeply committed to helping writers strengthen their manuscripts.
"One of the most exciting parts of my career is having the opportunity to work with someone on their manuscript or writing project. I challenge myself to look at the project from many perspectives so that I can offer suggestions that not only help the manuscript itself, but helps to strengthen the skills of the writer. I hope to inspire writers so that they continue to find the joy in the process while uncovering their talents."
Willow Words Writing Services can be hired for the following services:
1) Submission Critique: This is an emailed written critique on the presentation of your submission, with comments on your cover letter and the formatting of your submission. If needed, line edits will be provided on your cover letter. If applicable, a general comment will be shared as to why Willow Words may not have offered representation or may include a suggestion on how to move forward. This service is recommended primarily for new writers.
2) Manuscript Critique: This service includes an emailed, narrative critique, a marked up manuscript, and a 30 minute phone conference about your manuscript. Additional fees will apply if you'd like further input into revisions.
__$85 for a picture book with a word count of 1,000 or less.
__$95 for non-fiction picture book, word count 1000 or less
__$150 for a picture book or non-fiction picture book of a word count that exceeds 1000 words, or the first two chapters of a middle grade novel
__$350 Middle grade
__$450 Young Adult
___$25 Submission Cover Letter Critique
Willow Words Writing Services may be beneficial to the following:
1) Those who are NOT interested in Willow Words as an agency, yet need critique services to prepare your manuscript for submission to another agency or editor.
2) Those who have submitted their manuscript to Willow Words Agency, have learned that Willow Words is not interested in representing that manuscript and would like critique input to revise the work.
3) Those new to the industry who know they need feedback on submissions.
4) Writers who would like to learn more about the craft from direct feedback about their writing.
Willow Words also offers writing services for: website content, business brochures, marketing materials and other projects. Contact Sheri for more information.
Willow Words Writing Services is a division of Willow Words and not a part of the agency. We are NOT IN ANY WAY, suggesting you need to pay for a service to become represented by an agent or to sell your work to an editor. Paying for a service from Willow Words Writing Services will NOT increase your chances of us representing you. We represent only those manuscripts that we feel we will have success representing. Paying us for a service has no bearing on those results.
A division of Willow Words is Willow Words Literary Agency representing authors who write for children and young adults. Part of the representation package for authors who Willow Words signs, is unlimited critique and editing services to help prepare the manuscript(s) to be ready for submission to editors. Willow Words Authors that the Agency represents will NEVER pay for a critique service as part of the representation package. As a matter of integrity, Willow Words Literary Agency will not represent a particular story of yours if you have paid us to critique it. So, if you submit a story to us, we turn it down, you then hire us to critique and work with you, we will not be able to take that story on,(although we could represent another of your stories.) The only exception is extenuating circumstances, in which case we would refund your critique fee upon signing the agent/author contract.
If you are interested in Willow Words Writing Services, please contact me: Sheri@WillowWords.Agency. In the subject of the email, please type: Critique Service Requested. Do NOT send your ms until we have cooresponded. Thank you.
"Sheri Bestor is the best thing that has ever happened to my writing career. I have studied picture book writing diligently, attended meetings, critique groups
and expensive conferences, yet I probed in the dark. Then I found Willow Words
and Sheri Bestor. With unexpected warmth and inspiration, Sheri taught me more
in one critique letter than I had learned in all my previous study combined. Furthermore, she has demonstrated a sincere interest in my development as a writer and individual.Thanks, Sheri for turning on the lights and taking an interest in my work.
Sincerely, Daniel Welborn"